January 18, 2012

Good Morning Mommy

So I slept around 3:00am, savoring my uninterrupted time online, saying hey, I can sleep until noon anywa - uh-oh~ have I forgotten I'm a mom to an adorable little imp? And that having a decent sleep has been a futile thing since the day I gave birth (to him). 

This morning though, I tried my darnedest and refused to give in. I hid under the blanket, ignoring my li'l boy's wail, almost pleading"mameeemamee-meee...". You see, he's been used to kissing the morning sun since day one, and together we watch tiny yellow butterflies kiss the flowers in the garden. But this time my still snoozing brain retorted, give me 2 more hours baby, you can have 22.

But can any mom really be selfish even for a nanosecond? Nah. So I made a bargain and opened an eye, looking at what he'd do next. To my amazement he turned the TV on so the room brightened up enough for him to see where his toys are. He then picked his plastic mallet ( note: made of hard plastic ) and.... oh, you know what happened next. >_<

It was a good *OUch!!!* morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment